Cdj1000mk2 or cdj800mk2?

hdwepn

1000's are obviously better, but not by a great deal as what Genetic said.

However if you can get them for a similar price, definetily get the 1000's.

The differences include:

- the 1000 has a Waveform print out, which is a massive feature IMO,

- pitch range in the 1000 is 6-100% & and 800s are 8-100% (this is important for very fine tuned beatmatching. .3% of a pitch can be the difference between a gd transition and a perfect one.

These two features are what stand out IMO and I reckon black looks fuckin tough on the 1000s.

In most cicumstances, unless your pro, buy the 800s cus of the ridiculous RRP difference. But if you can get the 1000s cheaper... DO IT!

I'd go for the 800's over the 1000mk2. the 1000mk2 has been superceded for 4-5 years by the mk3, itself just superceded by the 2000.

A 1000 is still a good machine, I'd just be a little concerned by the age.

Wave display is nice, mp3 though, I really never use. Burn all your cd's as mp3 and you're screwed if the venue has decks that don't play mp3's, burn as audio cd and you're fine on any deck.

0.05 vs 0.02 - even when I play on 1000's they default to +/- 10% and it's only 0.05% accuracy there, I've never bothered to chage to +/-6. most other folks I talk to are the same.