Massive Filters

mattus123

Hey production heads

trying to get my head around the basics of Massive, and have started with just following a little walk through type thing shown on the massive 'getting started' pdf

Basically I am using 2 oscilators; osc 1's filter routing is left in the middle (so that it passes through both filters), osc 2's filter routing is dragged down so it only passes through filter 2. The walk through says that by applying a filter to filer1 and leaving filter2 without a filter, it will allow some of Osc1 to be filtered and some left unfiltered, while leaving Osc2 to be completely unfiltered.... this is where my problem comes in

if i try and isolate Osc2 i cant hear anything, and when looking at the master levels, there is no waveform being created. If i drag the filter router from Osc1 down so that it send all the sound through filter 2, the sound ceases to exist.

Basically, im asking if there is some super noob reason that this would happen that i just can't see? Ive followed everything exactly to the letter and i cant work out why this happens

Cheers