NI z2 no audio left hand channel

overit

Had my hands on a demo Z2 and found a problem. Successfully solved the issue but thought I would post my findings here in case anyone else's unit has a similar issue, which seems to have come with it from the factory.

The problem was:

No audio would play through the Left Hand Channel in standalone mode.

My solution:

I installed the Traktor software successfully.

Once I was running the unit through the software I still could not get audio through the left hand channel. I could see that the software was receiving timecode signal though.

I checked and double checked everything and after an hour of methodical testing I finally noticed that the software gain as shown on the GUI mixer on the left hand channel was at -infinity db. I started moving the rotary gain pot on the left hand channel and could see on the software GUI that the pot had a calibration issue. This had not been able to see when using the mixer in standalone mode. It also wasnt immediatley obvious when using the software as I don't normally have the mixer view onscreen on my GUI. I don't need to becasue I use an external mixer.

I recalibrated all the pots using the z2 page of the preferences in Traktor and instantly everything worked ok.

FYI: any unit with this problem will not play audio through the left hand channel until recalibration has taken place.

No one using the unit in standalone mode will be able to realise the issue without using the software.

No one using the software will notice the problem unless they have activated the mixer view on their GUI as this is the only view that shows the relative position of the rotary gain pot.

Hope that info comes in handy to you sometime.