finally! new yasiin bey on the way

eggssell

yasiin bey (the artist formally known as mos def) is finally coming out with some new stuff! it has been four years since his last album.

and i posted up big ups when he signed to kanyes GOOD music stable and was showing up at all the concerts, but still no news on music. he even didnt show up on the cruel summer compilation, which was expected.

he did a whole bunch of shows with his black star holmie talib kweli last year with rumours of a new album which came to nothing.

but this one may be worth the wait as it is produced by mannie fresh, the former cash money in-house producers now also with GOOD music and one of the best producers in the game. as ive said before back in the day a teenaged lil wayne and his label mates were one of many crews vying for their place in hip hop post the end of the death row and the bad boy era. and the man who provided the beats for countless classics was mannie fresh.

can't wait :dflusta:

Mannie Fresh Confirms Completion "OMFGOD" LP With Yasiin Bey (Mos Def)

What all Mannie Fresh fans have wanted since last summer is Mannie’s much-anticipated collaborative project with Yasiin Bey (Mos Def) titled OMFGOD.

“We actually mixing it right now,” said Fresh.

Mannie and Mos “decided to keep it simple” and therefore a feature-less 10-track release will soon be making its way to the public.

“We recorded way more than that,” clarified Mannie. “But rather than to [just] have somebody say like, ‘Oh, wow’ – I think a lot of times when you do that you throw away music. So, I just wanna give people like ten bangers and let’s be out.”

“Mos is a Hip Hop head, so it kinda came easy,” he explained of his experience working with the Brooklyn born emcee who recently relocated to the Big Easy. “And, by him being a Mannie Fresh fan, and me being his fan, it came real easy.

“And I think that’s the way the process should be,” he continued. “We should have fun. It was no stress; we didn’t have no budgets from nobody, we didn’t have nobody hanging over us, no A&Rs. It was just something that we decided to do.”

The two music business veterans have decided to take that carefree energy and flip the bird to the traditional release system by unleashing OMFGOD digitally on their own.

“We had a couple of offers,” Mannie noted of the label interest in the audacious album due to drop as soon as Yasiin’s film schedule frees up to promote the project. “But, [taking an offer], that just seemed like it would be defeating what we trying to I guess prove. And basically what we doing is saying we really don’t need the big machine.”

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.2 ... yasiin-bey