scratchin

Skank

for starting out superseal would probably be the best vinyl ever.

anything by all them fucked up dirt style lads would be good if you want samples and other shit.

the looped sample vinyls like superseal are heaps good for beginning vinyl scratchers

ill add both you guys to msn as soon as i download it face book may be better though, im using cdj im over spendin money on vinyal ive been going to the dj toutor hes a legend im strugling to scratch and i wanna give it a rip on sat night so Im going overboard practicing i want that fresh sound u must be able to get the superseal on cd or at least the same loops?

as soon as i download it

FAIL !!! :evil:

DO. NOT. STEAL. MUSIC.

i sincerely hope you're paying for your music and not downloading it all. You've clearly got the money to spend on a set of CDJs and a mixer so make sure you BUY your tunes that you play.

scratchin on CDJs is easy done ... but for my liking it doesn't have the same tactile joy as vinyl.

There's a myriad of battle records out there. Battle records are just records that are made for DJs to use. Full of samples, breaks and locked grooves. They aren't for playing from beginning to end.

Most battle records will have your stock standard "freeessshh" and "aaahhhhhh" etc etc.

I personally love DJ Rectangle records 8)

Now ... for CDJing ... im not sure what's out there as far as "battle records" go ... but really, you can scratch ANYTHING> Don't feel obliged to stay with the classic samples ... broaden your horizons a little and just grab anything that takes your fancy.

Buy some old Public Enemy tracks (acappellas if you can get them) and carve up a little Chuck D and Flavour Flav.

heck .. even record your own voice doing stupid things and stick that on a CD and scratch with that.

it all comes down to spending time doing it. learning, practicing, experimenting and practicing more ... there are not short cuts.

most of all ... just have some fun with it all!!! :D