Rekordbox - Syncing changes from iPad/iPhone to Mac

Jpthegeezer

Hi Guys,

Stupid question time, I come from a Traktor background where I used the Traktor DJ app to set all my cue points which would then use my dropbox account and sync all the changes back to Traktor on my mac. This was freakin awesome as it meant that I could prepare my tracks while sitting on my fat arse watching TV.

I've now joined the dark side and have CDJ's and I've set up Rekordbox, now I need to know if Rekordbox offers me the same prep/sync functionality.

If I prepare tracks on the iPad app with cue points etc will those changes be "sync'd" back to my Mac when I connect my iPad back up again?

Or am I resigned to the fact that I will need to prepare all my tracks on my Mac and all that the iPad app does is give me the ability to play tracks on CDJ's from my iPad when connected via WIFI?

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mitch,

I found the answer and yes there is a syncing capacity from the RekordBox app to your main Rekordbox collection, I found the steps on a Music Radar post.

The steps are:

1. Make sure both your computer and the device are on the same network.

2. Click the Devices button and click the WiFi button in the bottom left and select OK on both the desktop and mobile device to activate the connection.

3. Right-click on the device and select Update Collection. This will transfer any changes made on the mobile device to your main collection.

I'm gonna try it tonight.

Cheers.