USB to midi

Cee

Can't seem to get my head around this after a few google searchs but I am trying to understand if my keyboard which has only USB out will be able to send midi information via a USB to 5 pin midi cable to another synth i.e (korg volca bass) which I am thinking of buying.

I understand how straight USB to USB midi would work obviously and and midi to midi would work I am just not sure if the converters are only designed to work from a pc to the synth/ drum machine your using or from a midi USB keyboard to another synth.

Thanks in advance.

I though it may have been something like that so basically I need a daw or program to interrupt the USB signal back into the the traditional midi signal.

Now I just to have a find a simple program (no time to learn something complex at the moment) for my old Imac to run it all.

:allthethings:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I think I am having a face palm moment I just noticed my tractor a10 soundcard has midi out.

I don't use the A10 the moment with the old iMac but rather I run it with a windows laptop. So I am guessing I could connect the a10 to the iMac and send midi note information to the volca bass to be honest all I want to do at the moment is play the volca bass with a full size keyboard.