Changing my cross fader (Stanton M.201)

Hoops14

Hey gurus,

ive just started, (and this place has been awsome in helping me learn, props to everyone here). so i got my fist mixer, a Stanton M.201. its a nice little mixer, the faders are pretty sensitive and sharp, although it is only an entry level mixer and i am only a few weeks in to learning!

anyways, below is a pic of the crossfader it has. its fairly sharp so its pretty nice for scratching, but teh shape and the rubbery material its made of make it kinda hard to do things like crab scratches and stuff. is it possible to change it to a different one, and is there any recommendations on a new one? it has two screws either side so im assuming that means you can take it out but i got no idea and i definitly dont know how i would go about changing it! any help or tips would be awesome,

Thanks, Alex

fader.jpg

its not a VCA mixer so the top crossfaders ( pro x fader & the innofader ) will not work in your mixer

I have P&G custom crossfader ( nice crossfader ) that I pulled out off my stanton sa12 when I did a innofader mod

that might work in your m 201...I think the plugs are the same

or

you can look at mod'ing the crossfader thats in your m 201 ...with new fader cap for a better feel &

a C card or ring mod for a better cut-in

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...