Decent Laptop freezes with ac power??

wrxfiend

Hey pc guys, I have a Toshiba Satellite A300, its a few years old but it ran my Serato for years just fine. About a year ago i had to replace it because it started to die if you plugged in the ac power?

It will run on Battery no probs and charge as long as you shut it down first, but if you put the ac in and try to fire it up it powers down after a few moments and if you plug the ac in when windows is running it shuts down almost immediately?? :-k

The only thing i ever did to it was to install Windows 7 as it came with Shity Vista

My tech mate had a look and said he couldn't figure it out, but if any Perth guys (Duz I'm looking at you) wanna see if they can fix it, you can have it if its any use to you.

Seems a waste to just sit in my cupboard doing nothing.

Take the battery out then try running it on AC with no battery in the laptop, does it work?

Batteries are consumable items and as such have a limited life.

Yeah tried that! no dice, still dies at start up

I think it must be a motherboard fault, I forgot to mention i have also tried another genuine Toshiba power supply, with the same results

:wall: