Mac Book/Rekordbox/USB Ethernet Adapter.

BeatLeSS

Hi Ya'll,

Trying to get a mates Rekordbox 3.0 running with his CDJ900's and his Mac, which doesn't have an ethernet port. So what he did was get a USB > Ethernet adapter, which seems to be working fine in Mac OSX, it picks up the connection and gets an Automatic address (169.x.x.x).

The network layout for the decks and laptop is;

Mac -> Switch

CDJ900 -> Switch

CDJ900 -> Switch

The decks are linking fine through the switch, can chuck a USB in one player and LINK to the other, but Rekordbox isn't picking up the link between them. I've checked the firewall on MACOSX and ensured that's switched off. A lot of reading on the Pioneer Support Page suggests it'll be the USB Ethernet adapter but I just wanted to get anyones thoughts as I'm unfamiliar with Mac territory and could be missing something.

Seems like Pioneer didn't really anticipate Mac's going the route of not putting ethernet in their laptops :wall:

Hmm good question - I Haven't tried doing this on my retina.

Sounds like the adapter / mac config. I know there is an official thunderbolt -> Ethernet adapter but it shouldn't make a difference what you use as it's all IP based anyway.

Let me see if I can find out off someone I know with that setup / take my laptop somewhere and set it up

Thanks Mitch, looking forward to the reply. :thumright:

I've told him to take the USB ethernet back and get the official thunderbolt one. Pioneer support seems to be hit and miss with that as well.

A lot of posts calling out Pioneer for not giving us a lot of programmability with regards to Rekordbox, link and IP addressing. I hope something comes out of the feedback and we are allowed to control the interaction a lot better. It'd be sweet to be able to setup DHCP reservations and run it on the same network as other shit.