Pioneer XDJ-RX

zedx

Hey Guys,

Couldn't find a thread on this so i thought I'd create one. Not really a review as per se but just my own experience + ramblings :)

xdjrx-8494-f.jpg

Anyone else taken the plunge and bought one of these yet? I just upgraded to one of these in the past month or so.

So far I'm really happy with it! I've played around with CDJ2000's + DJM850's and the experience is compatible. I didn't have the $$ for a proper setup nor the space in my lounge room. So this was a no brainer for me.

Using the hot queue buttons is a ton of fun when dropping psy tracks, not so useful for other genre's that Ive mixed. Though handy to set markers on the waveform display. I'm also really happy with the pro link functionality, seems to work really well. Essentially allowing you to drop tracks onto the controller from your laptop when using rekordbox. Setting queue points and such update live on the controller as well.

The jog's are really nice and tight and are great to use, i don't really perform any type of scratching though so perhaps im not the best source of truth on this one. :)

My favorite feature of all is the ability to select Midi/USB1/USB2 or Rekordbox inputs and load tracks from essentially any of the sources you require. Which has been really cool when we have used this controller for live streams. As ive had a few requests come up and i can essentially load traktor, drag a track in then load MIDI onto the desired deck of choice. There is no HID support so you don't get the waveform displaying on the controller but it works well enough and besides i don't really rely on this either.

It seems to snap queue to the predefined rekordbox beat grid even when sync is disabled. I would have assumed that this would only happen if you used Sync which would make sense. Therefore i cant set accurate manual queue points on the controller which is annoying. Assuming the beat grid is correct which is often the case then its not really an issue. I'm sure that there is a way to disable this somehow though i haven't figured that out yet.

There have also been occasions where the track has been analyzed by recordbox and it has set the first beat beyond the actual starting point. So I've had to skip into the track 8>16 bars, again not a huge issue.

My biggest gripe is that there is no audio output for recording purposes. I'm forced to use the Booth output into my audio interface unless i switch my master to XLR. I guess i could also record to USB which the controller allows but i prefer to record into audacity.

I was also considering the new Numark NS7III but as there is no release date i decided i couldn't wait. Besides i kind of prefer Pioneer gear anyway.

this was something i had considered buying purely for the fact it's a built in system which doesn't seem to take up too much room. unfortunately my lack of home djing has steered me away from this, however this was a good little post!