Anyone under 18 that does sound producing

benfire

yoo hey just curious as to how many people in Australia under 18 doing sound production 

doing it seriously or for fun

genre of music could be progressive, hardstyle, trance, future house etc 

just wondering as I'm 16 and been doing music for 2 years for fun but decided to do it more seriously 

if you have any links of your music definitely send me a link 

With the way technology is today I’d say there are a lot of people around the ages of 16-19 doing sound design. Back when I started it was a little more complicated and when you heard a 18 year old designing sounds it was kind of a big thing. Now it’s not overly impressive if I’m honest because synths and accessibility to information is very easy

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, benfire said:

so how would someone need to be impressive?

I'd say it would come down more to the production of the song and what you do with your melodies and what not rather than the sounds themselves. Take Virtual Riot as an example. Skrillex somewhat made those growl sounds mainstream. Virtual Riot hasn't done anything different to what Skrillex has done but it's what he does with his sounds that make his productions cool. 

Be creative as well. People sampling real life sounds and making pretty wild leads out of them. It's becoming a really popular thing so try diving into that and experimenting with different techniques. I made a pretty outrageous sound using the initial patch in Massive and other plugins to modulate and warp it. You don't want to sound like everyone else either so take existing sounds and play around with them to make them your own. Anything is possible when you click stuff.