Avicii Paired with Nile Rodgers to Record 10 New Tracks Before His Death

Cupe

An album’s worth of unreleased tracks were recorded by the late Tim Bergling, better known as Avicii, and Nile Rodgers before Avicii’s sudden death in April 2018.

After working together on the 2013 hit song “Lay Me Down,” they formed a lasting friendship and began to hold numerous recording sessions together. Rodgers claims to have made at least ten records with Avicii shortly before his passing, according to The Sun publication.  

“We laughed all the time,” Rodgers said in the column. “I used to say, ‘You put Tim and I in a room and we can do the entire Top 20 in, like, two or three weeks.’”

The 66-year-old legend Rodgers is the chart making producer behind the famous records “Like A Virgin” by Madonna, “Get Lucky” by Daft Punk and “Let’s Dance” by David Bowie.

The news of Avicii’s ten unreleased tracks surfaced after the recent release of Rodgers new album with his band Chic, 26 years after the group’s last released record.

Avicii was only 28 years old when he passed on April 20 this after struggling with physical and mental health issues, shaking the music industry to its core. And due to the sensitivity behind his death, Rodgers is unsure of what will come of the unreleased tracks produced by the pair.

Rodgers said he’s recently been contacted about the release of the tracks, referring to them as  “extraordinary,” stating his good friend Avicii was “blown away, as was I.”

“But, because of what I know, which I will not talk about,” stated Rodgers, “I want to make sure that whatever work I do would be to the benefit of the people Tim would want that project to benefit.”

Rodgers and Bergling first met only a year before their hit release in 2013, and the two grew to know each other quite intimately. Rodgers spoke of his concern with Berglings drinking habits and referred to him as a “ little brother,” in an interview with Variety after his passing. 

You can reminisce by listening to “Lay Me Down” from Avicii and Nile Rodgers below.

This article was first published on Your EDM. Source: Avicii Paired with Nile Rodgers to Record 10 New Tracks Before His Death

Source