Phantoms & Vanessa Hudgens Team Up For Unexpected Collab

Cupe

Phantoms stray from their usual vibe for a brand new, pop-driven track featuring Vanessa Hudgens in this unexpected collab.

We had to do a double take at the credits, but the electronic duo and the Hollywood star prove to be an ear-pleasing match. “Lay With Me” sounds like a throwback track with new school twist. Hudgens belts out sultry lyrics while Phantoms throw down a lush, pounding beat — and the result is unlike anything heard before.

“Making this song was such a serendipitous experience.” Phantoms discuss the making of the single. “We grew up with Vanessa then weirdly ran into her at the airport last year and talked about working on music at some point. Then a few months later we got in the studio and recorded this song. It was a cool way to reconnect since the last time we all hung out we were around 16 years old. So happy this song is finally out, it’s one of our favorites.”

The guys behind Phantoms, Kyle Kaplan and Vinnie Pergola were teenage actors and ultimately chose the music route. Meanwhile, Vanessa has starred in everything from High School Musical to Spring Breakers. And, she’s in the upcoming film Polar, which deadmau5 is slotted to make the score for.

Listen to “Lay With Me” right here.

Phantoms x Vanessa Hudgens – “Lay With Me”

Photo via @katiatemkin

This article was first published on Your EDM. Source: Phantoms & Vanessa Hudgens Team Up For Unexpected Collab

Source