Just starting out, what equipment do i get

rdalt13

Hey guys,

I want to start DJing and im wondering if you could help me on whats the best and possibly cheap equipment to start out on.

I will just be in my bedroom and maybe a few friends parties later on cos im only 16.

Ive been looking at ebay, but im tottaly confused about what to get. I want cd players, not turntables too.

what do you think the best and cheap equipment is out there and please advise me on headphones and the accessories. Also, since im starting out small, can i just use like the speakers from my computer or something?

Thanks

well, you need two cd players, a 2 channel mixers and probably a pair of middle range sennheisers, but you can get decent headphones from JB for about $50 that will be fine for your room.

Mixer: xone 22 or DJM400

CD players: there's heaps, cdj 100, 200, 400 etc depends on money.

Speakers: i wouldnt recommend pc speakers, do you have a stereo hi fi or something?

you would be wanting to go cdj 400's + djm 400's

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PIONEER-2-x-CDJ- ... 500wt_1182

something like this..

note: i dont know how trustworthy it is to buy second hand. i suggest you go if they are second hand to the person to see it in action.

Edit - and i guess you played with VDJ or traktor? if you havent i suggest you start to play around with that before you spend.