is the djm 700 horrible?

g12528

i recently went to a dj store in my area looking for a djm 700 to play with. the sales guy went on to tell me that the djm 700 is horrible and the djm 800 is far superior to the djm 700 and to any other mixer aswell. i dont truthfully agree. they did not stock many other brands and the only mixers they had were denon and pioneer and a few lower end numark, so do you think he was telling the truth or just trying to upsell?

WTF why woudl he say that?

Dude, look on youtube for yourself.

The 800 has that 4 filter thing on the left, also you can have rotary knobs instead of upfaders. Also has 4 faders starts. 700 has 2.

The crossfader on the 700 cant be replaced, 700 doesnt have digital input

BUT the 700 has a frequency knob in its effects section, which is massive and a roll up roll down effect.

So clearly the 800 is better, but the 700 is not horrible, 700 basicaly has better effects and is much cheaper. 800 looks better and is better built.

You should have slapped that guy for saying that.

in my opinion the 700 is barley a step down but more like a step aside the 800 it lacks a couple of feature which arnt essential not unlike the differences between the cdj 900 and cdj 2000. the real difference is price

what store was it id love to give them a call and ask them about it