x1 kontrol confusion..

georgie

do you mean X1 is controlling a and d, or the cdj's are controlling a and d?

anywho, in the settings, (going from my head), you can setup the input control. so if you make a and b scracth control, then ensure the cdj outs from the mixer are going into a and b of the audio 8.

then with the X1, its just a midi device. so go to midi mappings and make it control which decks you want (i would of thought out of the box it was c & d?) and just make sure you have outs for c & d on the audio 8 going into another channel on your mixer.

i guess maybe more info on your setup then can change, clarify the answer

when you say cdj is controlling, do you mean via time coded cd or as a MIDI? i am assuming the former.

if so then it should be based on the input setup and which ports you have things wired to the audio 8.

just make sure your CDJs are plugged into deck a & b.

my kit is still in a box right now and ill unpack and double check my answer.

or buck get on this you use cdj...

ya via time code cds they are plugged into a and b on the audio 8 and c and d out go to the mixer as per usuall with traktor so i dont think the wiring is wrong...the x 1 jus wont control c ad d at all i can get c and controlled by the time code cds and a and b by x1 but i really wanna switch them around cause i wont always use c and d jus for loops cheers..

yeah sorry man havent unpacked the kit yet, still working thru all the boxes (and or playing skate ha ha), prob this sunday.

how about the input selection screen in the settings. i think you can specify what is controlling what.

i have the manual on my ipod maybe ill have a check for you during my lunch.