Frequency & Crossover help

Jaz

so as many of you no my set up only newly completed, so im still fiddling around trying to get the best sound

ill try and explain my problem as short and best i can

ok, 2 PA speakers running off channel 1 on my amp, 2 Dedicated Subs running off channel 2, the amp is behringer epx3000, has built in crossover, however both my subs have built in crossovers as well

with the crossover turned on on the amp so that all bass is running to the subs (chan2) my PA speakers obviously loose all their lows which sucks, with the crossover turned off my system gets a noticeably sized boost in bass as it goes from 2 dedicated 15" subs to 4 15" speakers running (including the PA's), and i like it

however.........! this is my main question, with just the Dedicated subwoofers built in crossover doing all the work (without help from the amp) some mids are sneaking threw, more in some songs and less in others because of different octaves i guess? but will this hurt or damage my dedicated subs?

to describe the sound ill say about 80% bass and 20% mids, like.....bass coming threw and a distant but distinct sound of the vocals, kinda like an echo. obviously not noticable with the PA's running as well

because if it wont hurt then id like to run the system without the amps crossover turned on as the bass kick is pretty much doubled from what i can tell:D

The reason of why this is happening - shitty inbuilt "crossover".

A dedicated crossover; that is, seperate rackmount type crossover, will allow you to specifically set the crossover frequencies for your speakers. This means you can find and set the exact point that suits your speakers best.

Your problem shouldn't hurt the subs. You run a greater risk of overdriving the amp and hurting the speakers that way, and that, not crossover issues, will be your cause of speaker bye bye if it ever happens.

so no way of tweaking my sub frequency settings?

how will it overdrive the amp? because its now pushing a tiny bit of mid 2 the subs?

i meen ive got 2 15"s in my PA speakers that basicly arent getting used because the amp cutting the lows to them with the crossover on :(