'The DJ Under House Arrest', not surprisingly, in da house.

underhousearrest

HEEEEEEEEEY

!!!!!!!!!

i think i'll start by answering those questions!

So how did it all begin?

Back in '05 my year ten music class was waiting for our teacher outside the classroom. she never came. Instead a substitute came along and unlocked the door for us, sat us down and put on a video, Grand master Flash and Q-bert were just two of the dj's interveiwed. it was a doco on scratch. My eyes grew wide,

and the rest is history!

Where did the name come from?

In Early 08 on the first day of uni i hopped on the train all excited. Someone had left a newspaper and coz i forgot my ipod i picked it up and had a read. There was an article on how the burmese came to be under house arrest. I wanted to be Under House Arrest. After thinking hard for many milliseconds, I became 'The DJ Under House Arrest'.

What gave you that initial push?

Really just watching that vid, then watching tutorials and vids of mixing on youtube, a whole year before my first set of decks!

Which came first: DJ'ing, Production or Promoting?

Dj'ing.

Who's throwing the best parties at the moment?

Gonna have to say Paul Strange, top venues, great crowds, relaxed dress codes uber dj's.

Which other countries have you played/put parties on?

Hopefully touring Dubai, Hong Kong, and Mumbai at the end of the year!

What was the first event you ever played at/put on?

My friend Leura's 18th!

What’s the best event you've played at/put on?

This wedding reception i did on the 4th April '09. The last song was the stonebridge extended mix of show me love.....lol

What was your first record you bought?

2pac's All eyez on me Album, and Miami Dub Machine, 'Be free with your Love'

What was the first CD you bought?

U2 - How to dismantle an atomic Bomb

Out of all the tunes you have, which one 'never fails'?

macarena, sad but true.

What's your favourite tune of all time?

Tricky tricky.... breakfast at tiffany's by deep blue something.

When all the partying is over how do you like to chill out?

huh? what is this 'chill out' u speak of?

So how is the Australian scene in your eyes at the moment?

i think it is about to mature quite a bit. because less people are going out these days they are demanding better music, better dj's blah blah blah. the average commercial club will have a rough time over the next few years but i reckon the underground scene will get bigger.

How old are you?

Where do you live?

sydney

What can you remember of playing/being at your first live set?

not much i was wasted.

How big is your vinyl collection? What do you think of CDJ's?

My Vinyl Collection is Gem, I only get peaktime stuff on vinyl for the warm sound. so not that big. I'm a serato boy, CDJ's are fair hectic but there's no relative mode on cdj's for serato!!!!

How big is your CD collection? What do you think of Turntables?

tiny. TT rock You can't slam all 4 of your faders up and high-five people go to the toilet and have a drink on cdj's, once its matched on a TT it aint going anywhere.

Funniest thing that ever happened at an event?

Promoter was a douchebag, he said bring all your mates, so i brought like 20. we all rock up and he's like is that it? those 20 were pretty much the whole crowd. he thought that for $50 an hour i'd promote as well.

Other DJ's you rate?

Venuto, Mo Funk, Gary Todd, Jace, Nino Brown, Kamui, Deadmau5, 2manydjs, martin solveig, richie hawtin, etienne decreasy, wolfgang gartner, mattt, MDX, tom piper, zannon, aaron smith, seany t, tone, dazzla, sarah main, ETM, recession dj's, robbie rivera, dj sneak, hatiras, q-bert, grand master flash, amber savage, peewee ferris.... that's all i can think of off the top of my head.

What are your feelings on the MC's?

luv a good one, losty, kapital k are the two best i've seen. they only jump on the mic when the dancefloor loses energy, like a good mc should do.

What do you do outside of the music scene?

study hr and music in an arts degree at unsw

What advice would you give to up and coming DJ's/Promoters?

get out there and network!!!!

When you play is it mostly pre-planned or on the fly?

on the fly baby, nothing is better than the spur of the moment!

If you could put yourself as the res DJ in any scene, where would you choose?

space - ibiza. nuff said.