Monitors Behringer? reconmendations needed

mikew598

So most i can spend is 500 bucks on monitors i no its a quarter of the price you should pay for quality production but what ever im learning.... so i have been looking at the behringer truths? new and on ebay the retail price for the truths are from 400 to 500 bucks and second hand on ebay i saw 2 seperate auction sell for under 200 bucks so are these decent for the price ?

i just went to dj warehouse and asked them to show me what they thought. can't remember the exact ones i got, but they were under $300 and for practicing they are fine.

We ave even done small house parties of about 20-25 people with them and they were alright. the only thing was there isn't too much bass and we had one room set up as the club.... but yea for that kind of thing they are great.

truths are surprisingly one of the better behringer products.

I chose these over the truths, because they sounded better to me *note: monitors are often personal preference

http://www.djwarehouse.com.au/specials/ ... itors.html

PS. read the reviews on the DJ warehouse website :)

snap... they are the exact ones i was talking about lol.... more expensive than i thought, but they are the ones i have and they are perfect

truths are surprisingly one of the better behringer products.

I chose these over the truths, because they sounded better to me *note: monitors are often personal preference

http://www.djwarehouse.com.au/specials/ ... itors.html

PS. read the reviews on the DJ warehouse website :)

snap... they are the exact ones i was talking about lol.... more expensive than i thought, but they are the ones i have and they are perfect

i'm very happy with mine as well.... I wanted the foxtex ones over these, but they were out of my budget. I'm glad I got the ESI ones though, they are very multi-purpose.

yea they go alright for how small they are too

one potential downfall with these is that they need to be turned up to get good sound out of them. This could be a bad thing if you're in a unit, or have neighbours that complain a lot.

I don't have an issue with either, so i'm sweet.

I run mine along with a sub as well.... my house shakes :)

yea they go alright for how small they are too

one potential downfall with these is that they need to be turned up to get good sound out of them. This could be a bad thing if you're in a unit, or have neighbours that complain a lot.

I don't have an issue with either, so i'm sweet.

I run mine along with a sub as well.... my house shakes :)

yea i think a sub would be good, but i haven't got around to getting one. I have my old car sub and amp sitting around though haha :teef:

the esi and truths are both what i am looking for... cheap reliable with some worthyness to them. does anyone have an objection to buying the truths? i have heard them at light and sounds and they impressed me and i almost was convinced on buying them then and there but i though i better ask around first. are the truths decent for low level production? and which ones produce the best quality at higher volumes?

the best thing to do is probably go into dj warehouse/ lightsounds and get them to start up both for you, and listen to them both alternatley to give you an idea.

i'm sure you will be happy with either one you buy, but if you want to directly compare them for yourself, that would be the best way.

ok i did the same thing a few yrs back, go to dj warehouse if u can, good place to lisen to them

I got a pair of eme's which is out of ur price bracket and for my low level production experiences they kick arse lol

heard good things about the esi's

JBL have a line out now the ones i heard sound pretty good but they are way too expensive,

i would go for the ESI's and i guessing the guys at dj warehouse would say the same

never had any behringer products but still a decent place to start

go audition with a couple of tracks you know well. see ifyou hear the details, is the bass overwhelming other parts etc.

keep in min an 8 inch model may be too loud in a unit, but will produce bass better. 5 inch may be better in general and with a sub will still reach low when needed.

if a store doesn't have a decent listening setup go somewhere else at least to try them all out