Balanced TRS to RCA

DJAdumbration

Hi All,

I've got a Denon DNX120 mixer which is pretty damn awesome. My only problem, currently, is that none of my amps have balanced inputs. While this mixer does have unbalanced RCA output, I would like to use this to record through my laptop. While I do have an amp that I could use headphone out, I don't have any speakers I can use with this amp.

Because the mixer has RCA and balanced output, the manual doesn't specify any TRS to RCA pin outs. I've seen other manuals that recommend connecting the tip and the sleeve while leaving the ring disconnected.

I've also read that balanced output levels tend to be higher than unbalanced so you need to either build in resistors to lower the level or be very careful with your gains. Not a problem when you're living in an apartment :(

I'm hoping the Denon guy (or anybody else) who frequents this forum can confirm - if I connect the tip and sleeve (obviously not together!) while leaving the ring unconnected and being very careful with the output levels I can use this config to run balanced TRS to RCA.

Cheers

GuptRX - cheers! Exactly what I've spent hours searching on Google for. +Rep heading your way.

DJaz - I suspect you're right but he may have contacts. You never know. Either way, the link provided is totally awesome and answers my question. BTW, like your new avatar :)

For the mods - would it be worth putting the link posted by GuptRX in a sticky? It provides a nice rundown of most types of audio interconnects.

Cheers all