Denon DN-MC6000 vs Allen and Heath Xone DX

awesome88

Hey guys,

so we all know my recent attempt at getting into controllers failed with my purchase of the kontrol S4.... buuuuut at least i realised that a controller is the way i want to go, so i thought i would make a new thread to ask opinions again and actually listen to what you guys think this time :teef:

so basically i'm looking at the new denon DN-MC6000 and the Allen & Heath Xone:DX. I've put the links below, so any help would be great. So far i like the look of the new denon, but Allen & Heath have the reputaion for built quality, and has been out longer so i know it'll do what it says and last. i don't know if it has scratch option though.... which even though i don't really scratch, i like the option just for a muck around.

https://www.storedj.com.au/products/DEN-DNMC6000

https://www.storedj.com.au/products/ALE-XONEDX

S4 and cdj/turntables

I see your point... I just like having the option of using my decks to control pitch etc.

i'm now thinking of getting an S4, since I found out it's DVS compatible.

LOL

do you have a mac? they don't seem to be having probelms as much with macs. if it works with whatever you have, i'd say go for it. i loved the system, just not the audio drop outs

yeah, i've got a macbook

apparently its the S4 soundcard. the firmware of the sound card is not capable of being used reliably with windows.

in the meantime if you have any other soundcard (an audio2/4/8 or even the cheap $25 USB sound cards) and use that as the interface the S4 works perfectly.

NI will likely fix it with the next firmware and fuck something else up as is the norm.

S4 and cdj/turntables

I see your point... I just like having the option of using my decks to control pitch etc.

LOL

do you have a mac? they don't seem to be having probelms as much with macs. if it works with whatever you have, i'd say go for it. i loved the system, just not the audio drop outs

yeah, i've got a macbook

you know traktor and S4 come with a pitch controller :o lol :P

but yea i thought about the fact you can hook up decks or whatever but didn't really see the point

S4 and cdj/turntables

LOL

yeah, i've got a macbook

you know traktor and S4 come with a pitch controller :o lol :P

but yea i thought about the fact you can hook up decks or whatever but didn't really see the point

LOL, i'm well aware of that.... who needs pitch control when you have a sync button anyway

It's coming up from melb express delivery so i should have it by the weekend. Looks pretty decent and i actually think i like the features, look and build quality better than the S4. I'm wondering a few things though.

1. is the S4 program is better than the LE version you get with the mc6000? (in Australia we get traktor with it), and i still have the S4 program on my computer.

2. do you think it will work with the S4 program

3. is it worth buying traktor scratch pro to run with the mc6000 or not such a big deal just using LE?

It's coming up from melb express delivery so i should have it by the weekend. Looks pretty decent and i actually think i like the features, look and build quality better than the S4. I'm wondering a few things though.

1. is the S4 program is better than the LE version you get with the mc6000? (in Australia we get traktor with it), and i still have the S4 program on my computer.

3. is it worth buying traktor scratch pro to run with the mc6000 or not such a big deal just using LE?

dont know about your other questions, but for number 3, you wont need tsp just the upgrade from LE to Traktor Pro.

1. I haven't used S4 software, but the features are much more limited on LE than in pro. check this:

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/ ... /?page=662

2.yes, it will work

3. I wouldn't buy scratch pro, but I would think about getting pro if you're not going to use S4. also, theres a new version out soon

I've got a pro license spare that i'm willing to sell. I bought TSP and got a new license. Shoot me a PM if you want to know more

ah ok, i can't see the video at work, but i'll have a look at home.

I liked and got used to the actual S4 program, and i thought it might have more features than the LE version, so i was thinking about using it again.

how much does it cost to upgrade? and do you think its worth it in terms of features etc. to go from LE to pro using a controller?

the video basically shows the denon unit mapped to use the sample decks, which I would assume means that everything else should be able to be mapped.

LOL the upgrade is $139 or the full thing is $115!!

HAHAHA

that's pretty cheap.... if it gives you a lot mroe features i'll probably buy it.

looks like the full thing is the way to go... lol how stupid.