murs & 9th wonder coming down under

eggssell

• 3 weeks later...

didnt even know murs had a new collabo with a dude named terrace martin. bro told me there was a sneaker song featuring murs. searched and found the clip. its aiight, not quite feeling terrace though i do like his hook. but murs still goes okay. nice song though for the sneaker heads

oh saw this on murs youtube channel. love this track. had this in that hip hop mix i was working on. never did a good enuff run to put it up for critique then got way over it. maybe theres been enuff time to go back to it.

oh and produced by 9th wonder who ive raved about a million times. one of the best beat producers in the game.

one last one. here is his collabo with slug of atmosphere (who i also rave about heaps). this was from volume 2 of their felt series. it was awesome there was an accompanying comic drawn by jim mahfood. one of my fave artists of all time. of all time. it was actually thru him i discovered murs, who is one of the best lyricists in the game.

if y'all want to check some happy hip hop that the labels will never release grab the felt series. and look up mahfoods comics (grrl scouts, the clerks comics, stupid comics and a shyte load of art books)

i just checked who this terrace martin cat is. he's actually a producer, and musician (sax and keys), even played for quincy jones. and he played in snoops live band the snoopadelics who i heard stole the show of the beastie boys a few years back at field day or was it good vibes.

anywhos guy is quite talented.

the melrose ep is on aussie itunes but as usual at a ridiculously stupid price such that i can ship it in cheaper from overseas. how the hell does that work!

• 1 month later...

Damn one of the best nights ever!!!

Started night with a quick bite at el bulli (unrelated to the gastronomical award winning Spanish restaurant) but still some very good tapas. One in surry and one and one at randwick, check it.

Got to gaelic late thinking we’ll catch the tail end of Canadian/ Iraqi rapper Narcicyst, but since they was running late we caught his whole set. Was actually quite good, very tight rapper on his political tip. The track where he took the 911 is a joke hook was off the chain.

Then time for Murs. Super producer 9th wonder unfortunately didn’t make his flight so wasn’t around. Spewing cuz I was curious as to what he was gonna do, bang out on his mpd or rock turnies or cdjs.

Anyways… coming out in his hoodie and with a back pack on all chilled and shyte, then he just absolutely killed it. Ive already said a million times how much I love his work, and he has always been in my top 5 dead or alive, but he is easily now number 1. his live show is rockin’. And he is tight, despite jumping all over the place, no one line him one line audience to get a breather.

Guy is so layed back but still able to rock. His running man routine was easily a highlight. He also rocked a crookers mix of one of his tracks, and it was funny to see the older heads try to increase the pace of their head bops, while the youngins jumped around.

And brother was sooo laid back and humble. I saw him outside and he was happy to take a photo and say what up.

ee712c25390f4eddacdcf82a454e8f09

And since I had copped a couple of his older cd’s which I didn’t have from the merch stand he said he’d go in and get a pen (well someone offered, but like a true member of the elements he said nah he needed a sharpie!). I thought oh well once he goes inside he’d be mobbed and he aint coming back. But nope two mins later he’s out the door signing some stuff but reaches out to me for my cd and then thanks me while he signing it! Thanking me, damn I just met one of my hero’s, I told him no need to thank me brah.

One of the living legends fer shure!!!

Melburn and Adelaide people go and see it. And everyone else go check his stuff. His latest Varsity Blues 2 just dropped last month (available on itunes and amazon).

1fcf4945c5864455ad2cada7ea97acd6

• 3 months later...