$1000 +|- to spend..

houseparty

Behringer will be a similar quality to the JB hifi audiolines, perhaps a little better.

Mackie thumps are backed up by a much more powerful distributor and a higher quality amp. Kosmic (Perth) are selling them for $699 each at the mo, you should be able to find them in the easterns for a similar price.

My choice if i had ~1k to drop would most certainly be a pair of 15 inch self powereds, and the Mackies would definitely take the cake there.

Oh and for the record I have used plenty of behiringer gear, it's not going to break any more or any less than your next brand. They make all their gear in house (they own a whole city in china) and distribute it themselves worldwide. You'll get a one year warranty on anything, and normally if something major is gonna blow it will happen in the first 12 months.

Oh and for the record I have used plenty of behiringer gear, it's not going to break any more or any less than your next brand. They make all their gear in house (they own a whole city in china) and distribute it themselves worldwide. You'll get a one year warranty on anything, and normally if something major is gonna blow it will happen in the first 12 months.

behinger speakers seem to be the only half decent stuff coming out of their factory.

I've owned behringer stuff in the past, and while it never broke, you could tell the quality wasn't there.