Alto Macro 2400 Power Amplifier

johnyboy

Half price?....:lmao:

Open it up and have a look for fuses, broken wires, burn marks etc. Have a smell as well and see if you can detect burning plastic (ie someone has let the magic smoke out). If nothing is obvious then your looking at a trip to the electrician.

Otherwise use it as a dedicated single channel amp for a passive sub.

Ive pulled the amp apart and had a close look and noticed that tha capacitors are leaking fluid i will post pictures soon the caps are

http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts/137459 ... 3a052.html

there are 4 of them and they all look to have been leaking black fluid and have changed shape as well and appear to be knackered

the fuse on the blown channel is ok

i was wondering what other components could have been blown or afffected by the blown capacitors

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks pill.i was hoping someone could advise me before just replacing the capacitors and wasting my money.do you know any technicians in melbourne that could assist me in finding the fault?or can you put me on to someone that could do the relevant tests? If i had all my testing equipment and multi meter testing gear that i have in the uk i would test it myself, but i do not have the funding to purchase this gear at the moment

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I took the amp to this fella on monday .Before i took it there i loosened all the screws on the top before taking it there and when i picked it up yesterday he said he took it apart but his engineer friend didnt have the correct test equipment to test it and he confirmed that the capacitors were definatley blown..so when i got it back home all the screws were still loose............so he didnt even take the fucking thing apart......wanker