mac dvs users screen size advice please

dim

Ez,

I'm gonna get a mac to run my new controller hardware with itch.

I like to browse playlists a lot. I gig a lot (not bedroom) so dark rooms/flashing lights are standard.

I have heard the backlit displays on mac mean things are generally easier to see than on pc. I'm used to a 15.6" dell.

Will a 13.3" screen suit me or do i need to find the extra £500 to get a 15"? I dont need the extra processor that comes with the bigger screen, it's just a visibility issue.

who's got what and how do they find it?

I have a 15" screen and I think it's a great size. Any smaller and I think I'd find myself leaning over to the screen too much. As it is, I find I can have Traktor's playlist large enough for my liking, as well as having the decks large enough to read detail standing away from it.

Haven't tried it on a smaller computer though. Although I'm sure you'd end up getting used to whatever you used in the end.

not sure about itch, but TSP2 on a 13" macbook isn't the best at all. I Like the size of the laptop, but i'm really thinking I need a 15" to see everything clearly.

hoddi is the only person I know with serato itch on this board. Perhaps ask her.

yea i use itch but on a pc it ummm ... 14" and i find it good, i dont think it would be much of a problem with one less inch, guess its personal preference and guess the bigger it is the better ha but for an extra 500 pounds i personaly dont think it would be worth it as its quite a simle layout but as i said, evryones different, i just think thats a bit rich for not too much of a difference but dats just my 2 cents worth :)

^ it's all good knowledge.

Currently bidding on a monster 2nd hand 17" on ebay which looks like a long shot.

if i dont win it i'll prob buy a new 13" and get all the guarantees and stuff for it being brand new.

off on holiday/fest/doof for next week so hope to find you all again after that.

thanx all.

i got a 13" and a mate has a 15". i prefer my 13 inch really. you may think that a few inches wouldnt make a difference but to me my 13 inch seems to be perfect size. although i do use it with an s4 letting me use browser mode.