Having some issues using a laptop when playing out.

fackedd

I'm have some issues playing out with a laptop at a particular venue where my laptop is freezing as well as my DVS doing strange things.

Its happened 2 weeks in a row now while I am setting up I'm having these issues and I constantly have to restart my laptop about 5 times for it to barely work. I've tested it at home before and after the gig and it works perfectly fine as well as at other venue's so im guessing there is some sort of interference with my laptop to cause this at the venue.

Only reason I could think is because they've got a speaker sitting on the table and the only space to sit a laptop is directly behind it. Could the speaker be interfering with the laptop at all? or could it be something else.

if anyone could help me with this that would be great, cheers.

this is with cdj's by the way.

Vibration may be at fault. You may also want to look at your wireless settings or other background functions. Is your pooder trying to find a signal and getting all worked up in the process? Maybe its some other background setting negatively affecting the laptop due to the new/strange environment. Just a thought.

Is it power perhaps. Does it still screw up if its booted up under battery power? May want to experiment with this. Ground loops can do other things to pooders than just make horrible noises.

Wireless is always disabled. It's a new computer which I bought purely to DJ with with. So it's only got a few things on there like itunes and my DVS program.

I Don't see how it could be a program/function on the computer as it works perfectly fine everywhere else.

The power could be an issue too, i hope not though. First time i played there i hooked it up to the powerboard where the cdj's and mixer/monitor speaker were connected into. Second gig i hooked it up directly into the wall socket behind me. Same exact issues both times.

I'm hoping it's just due to the monitor speaker on the table, wether it's the electromagnetic interference or the vibration.

• 3 weeks later...

Had another set on the weekend at this venue, I was opening so I got in 20 mins earlier to sort it out while all the sound was off.

This time my laptop was fine but i was getting no output from my soundcard into the mixer. It just really makes no sense to me, I tested it before and after the gig once again and it worked 100% fine. The guy after me even came in with a macbook and traktor and it was fine for him.

Looks like it's definitely something to do with my laptop and/or maybe the soundcard im using.

Might just stick to CD's, cbf with all this bs. Even if it works most of the time at other venues.