Mackie 15a Thump

fackedd

Anyone used these before? storedj have them on sale so im considering picking up a pair so I dont have to hire anymore. (pretty sick of it)

https://www.storedj.com.au/products/MAC-THUMP15A

Mainly for house partys, hall partys, function rooms, maybe some bar gigs & odd weddings n shit.

250 ppl max usually.

also I've been using JBL PRX512 hired for my house party's so far and have had no worries (around 130 people). But I have had to hire the prx515's for some larger gigs.

Well, first up, don't think the Thumps are going to perform anywhere near the PRX line will. For starters, the Thumps are rated at 121dB peak, whilst the PRX515 is rated at 133dB. That's a sizable difference, particularly if you are noticing you need to drive them hard for your gigs.

I have heard people are happy with the Thumps for what they are and I've seen it suggested as a good first speaker system buy, but yeah, nothing on the PRX 500 or 600 line.

Im a big Mackie fan so am probably a bit biased but I've only heard good things about these speakers. I personally wouldnt buy anything less if I was chasing my first PA system. I'm always a bit worried about the durability of other powered speakers sold at JayCar, Jb HiFi, E-bay etc.

Cheers for the feedback guys, might give em a ring tommorow.

And it's on the 10 year sale pdf jaz. Ex demo.

ok i got JBL eon G2's and wen i was overseas i did a party in a small town in croatia and they hired those mackies and they trump the G2's for sound i remember thinking fuk these speakers pump! The sound quality is better i feel the mid range and hi's have more detail and i had them cranked right up for 6 hours and they performed beyonf my expectations.

even my bro comment on how good they are compared to my JBL's and he knows fuk all about sound

hope that helps