hooking up powered speakers

gcdj

i just got a pair of audioline 15 inch speakers and i was wanting to add them to my previous audioline 12 inch speakers but how do i do this. i tried the through connect but that didnt seem to work is there something i have to do first?

Depends what connections your mixer has on the back

I've got a DJM800 and the 12" versions of your audioline speakers and I just went XLR leads obviously because the speakers don't have any RCA ports on the back

so what u needto do is go to Jaycar or JB-hifi or somewhere that sells a wide variety of leads and buy a single XLR to twin XLR lead (I'd link you a pic but I'm on iPhone) you will need 2 of those leads

then plug the single XLR into the left master out channel of your mixer then plug 1 of the end of that lead Into 1 15" and the other into 1 12"....do the same for the right master out output

This will be your best option :)

Forgot to mention your doing it this way so you have 1 15" and 1 12" as your left channel and the same as your right channel, otherwise if you had 2 15's on 1 channel and 2 12's on the other you will have very very shit stereo sound

also if you mixer doesn't have XLR inputs on the you can still do it this way, just buy a single RCA to twin XLR lead (2 leads needed) but XLR will be easier if possible