Is force quit on a mac more of an issue than on pc?

imadje

Last night at end of the gig my mac wouldnt close itch. I turned off my NS6 controller and it still wouldnt quit. I packed down the lights and P.A. and it still hadnt quit.

I reckon I gave it long enough so used the power button to "force quit"

The mac has booted fine this morn and i'll test later with the controller and Itch...

Is their anyway I can find out if it was software, controller or mac itself that had the fault?

I know on PCs this is a common enough thing and pretty safe but am wondering if I should be any more worried that I had to do this to my new mac?

posted this in computer corner and digital dj thread to get most knowledge.

it can be hard to single out what the exact cause was - could be a one off incident.

If you remember exactly what you were doing, try replicate it at home. did you unplug the controller before you tried to quit itch?

I wouldn't be too worried if it was a one off occurence.

force quit is practically the equivalent of end task on windows.

If you can't replicate it again i'd say it was a one off, but i would do the following:

What i would do is make sure all your software is up to date, (i.e. you are on mac os x 10.6.8 if on snow leopard with all updates installed, and you are running the latest version of itch). And you should be right then

Sources: I run a computer repair business

^cheers man.

all is up to date.

I did turn off controller b4 itch had shut but only because itch had been trying to shut for 5 mins already...

i'll try replicate and if doesnt happen again: no worries.

nice one mitch. +rep for v quick response.