BPM

chandzz

Hey Guys,

Well I have a Citronic MPXD-X3... DJ set, and most of the time, the BPM (Beats per minute) red bar at the top. When the bar is full it does not stop at all, and when it goes down for some reason the song keeps pausing and stopping, how do I fix this?

Please Help, Thanks

Found the user manual here - http://www.madeffects.com/ekmps/shops/m ... -pair-750-[2]-818-p.jpg

By reading the user manual i found that red bar next to the BPM is called the memory bucket.

MEMORY BUCKET - This indicator serves two functions. The bucket symbol details the cue memory status, a full bucket outline indicates the cue memory is full. The five bars in the memory bucket detail the digital buffer. Each bar indicates 2 seconds. The search functions will not operate until all the bars are full.

Sounds as if the red bars are a buffer status, so when the bars are full it means their is a 12 second buffer (6 bars times 2 seconds). The song is pausing/cutting out when the bar gets down as their isn't enough buffer for the song to keep playing.

Never used one of these players myself, but i would suggest letting the buffer load up fully before you start to play the track, to ensure the buffer is as full as it can be before you start playing it.

Another reason it could be happening if you are trying to use alot of extra effects (using alot of the memory banks and using them constantly, using the effects all the time, etc.) it could be beyond what that player can handle, so if you see the buffer start to lower, stop utilising the effects until the buffer loads up at least.

^ good research and reasoning mitch

The manual says the search functions won't work unless all the memory bucket lights are full "on". I guess chandzz can experiment to see which other functions he can get away with with fewer of the lights lit but be aware:

The number of lights are an indication of the units ability to play music without cutting out.

...so you wont be able to fix this as such, just work around it, or upgrade kit.

let us know how you get on please chandzz