Fruityloops / FL Studio

t0rne

I've been into EDM for a couple of years now and I love it.

Purchased my first DJ setup about 6-8 months ago and I am absolutely loving it.

Also starting to get into production and my weapon of choice is FL Studio due to the ease of use although it is still a very steep learning curve and to get anything sounding half decent is quite tricky.

I'd also like to know what resources or tutorials you have used as their doesn't seem to be that much around for FL.

PN

yeah that manual is a very good start. but the best thing to do i reckon is hands on. Took me about 1ish years to understand alot of the knobs and vst's it has to offer. My productions have only started to really pick up when i started getting some exsternal vsti's such as Nexus/Vanguard/pro-53 etc. They really make your sound alot bigger and stereo. Also a few things that i found good to do is use Youtube as it has a fair few tutorials showing you how to do some things if you want to learn the quicker way.

I must say i've fallen in love. FL goes so much deeper than I thought. My screens filled with waveforms and grids and spectrums and all this stuff and i've been looking at it thinking... wow, this is cool.

I mean, im only doing basic stuff but its fun. I've made this intro which i think is awesome, but being the demo version, i cant save lol. i'll just have to leave my pc on forever.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Man ive been using frutty for a while too, i find that everyone has his own way of riding the music wave. Like mentioned b4 the best thing to do is hands on and just fiddle. If anyone has any questions just lay em on the forum it'll be my pleasure to help. Fruitty in my opinion is better for Electronic music, the option of next to infinite patterns allows you to play lego with your music, automation is easy, and VST's run like a charm. Reason is good too but the option of not being able to have sends (gating, sidechaining) and all that is a bum plus you only have for Aux's for fx. Fruitty on the other hand is much more complex i think. But Essentially Reason is dope with friutty can be trick at first but you can pimp it. but reason in pro tools, or cubase rocks. and then add fruitty on top or whateva. Look at these programs as guitarists looks at different guitars they all do different things for different reasons. So what ever your weapon of mass destruction is just enjoy yourself