traktor kontrol and external instruments

hi again

so i use my traktor kontrol as my mixer and fruity loops to produce my tracks... i have plugged my guitar into the traktor kontrol (into the 'mic' input) and recorded some tunes. i set deck c for example to 'live input' and simply start recording.

the issue i have is that when i play the recording back, the volume is incredibly low and there is a heap of feedback. to fix the volume issue i have previously edited (increased the dB) the sounds in audacity, but it just adds to the feedback problem.

am i missing something? or is this to be expected when recording with a live instrument? do i need to get myself another form of controller? i've adjusted the mic volume and a few other settings to try and get it working, but still no luck.

for future reference, i am also going to hook up a keyboard to the kontrol (and assign sounds to each key etc). does it all sort of relate? or is that like hooking up a synth/drum pad? ive previously tediously just done it on the PC, so these haven't been issues i've been faced with previously.

apologies for my lack of knowledge, im just getting pretty serious now and want to do things the right way to ensure the quality of sound is top notch.

cheers

i dont know all the ins in the kontrol (i assume the S4? sorry cant remember i know you have mentioned it), but maybe mic isnt the best input.

i remember someone explained to me that the mic on traditional mixers usually have a limited frequency range running on them. why not just use one of the other inputs? i thought the S4 could take in external inputs like from a turntable. why not use that instead?

also on the audio 8 control panel you can adjust the input type and dB gain on the input. i assume you can do the same when using the S4 as a sound card, so maybe adjust that