Can't get my mic to work???

odysseyhouse

Hey guys

I'm having trouble getting my mic to work... at all...

my set up currently is 2 cdj 1000 mk3's, a numark DXM 06 (for now till i but a DJM 800) and a set of audio line speakers.

this is the rear of the numark

http://www.djstore.com/images/products/ ... mdxm06.jpg

now i plugged the mic into the rear of this, got a separate 2 cables to plug into the 2 line ports and put them into the back of the speakers... nothing works

with my old cdj 400's it said to connect it to the cdj's but im not sure what to do with the 1000's as they only have 1 set of ports...

any ideas appreciated

Sounds like a dodgy cable. Just as a quick experiment plug your headphones into the microphone jack of the mixer. Talk into one of the cups and see if you get a signal from the speakers (Yes...you can use headphones as a mic like this). If you do get a signal then its definatley a dodgy cord or mic.

Sounds like a dodgy cable. Just as a quick experiment plug your headphones into the microphone jack of the mixer. Talk into one of the cups and see if you get a signal from the speakers (Yes...you can use headphones as a mic like this). If you do get a signal then its definatley a dodgy cord or mic.

^^^^ That is awesome. I never would of guessed that. and yes it worked. ill take the cable and mic to the store now and get them checked.