power converter question

squinty

hi i brought some speakers from the us and now i need a power converter. i have two elx 115ps and one elx 118p. the 115ps are 1000w each and the sub is 700.

say i buy this power converter for my two 115ps

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/240v-110v-St ... 029wt_1139

will 2000 watts be enough or should i have a little over but in saying that the next step up is 3000watts. same goes for the 118p sub. but with the sub i can not find a 700 watt converter the closest i found was 1000 watt

thanks for your time :likeasir:

When it comes to choosing transformers the Wattage of the speakers isn't really a great judgment of the power consumption as that is the output of the speakers, not the input required of the amp in the speakers. Because obviously there will be a loss between the power source and the amp before it outputs for the speaker.

Doing a rough calc though 2000w is allowing @ 110v around 18amps for what you want to run, so if you can have a look on the back of the speakers near the power input and generally there will be listed the amps required for the speakers.

But as a general guess you would be border-lining that transformer once those speakers start drawing full current, Due to losses most likely in the transformer and then the speakers.

My 2 cents.