ITCH Software Midi Control via keystroke translator

overit

Dunno if anyone else uses Itch software by Serato but....

One of it's biggest drawbacks has been that there are no options to implement midi map changes at all.

So this chap from Germany has generated a little app he calls "MITCH" (MIDI TO ITCH) which can translate any midi button to any keystroke available in the ITCH GUI.

So it isn't really full midi-mapping but: if there is a keyboard shortcut for a function, you can set that function to be controlled by a midi pad.

I have saved a preset so I now have an Akai LPD-8 which triggers individual drum hits or other sounds from the SP6 sampler within ITCH. Effectively it adds a 16 pad drum machine to my 4 deck DJ rig. Others use it for triggering cues, loops etc.

He is also now working on a continuous controller mapping (so far no vol/fx/faders or knobs) as there are no keyboard shortcuts for these. The whole iTCH community is waiting for the devs to bring full midi control out for that. In the meantime MITCH is a nice workaround which is stable. And he has made it available to Mac and Windows users.

Thread on serato forums on MITCH:

http://serato.com/forum/discussion/623285

MITCH Developer DL site:

http://irieelectronics.iriemovement.de/

Just wait until Nov 1 when the new serato dj software is out

You will be able to midi map everything ..both midi notes for buttons & midi C.C for knobs and faders to two midi controllers ....$200 upgrade for serato intro...free for itch users.( my Numark ns7 & my edirol pcr500 keyboard for video mixing )..+ new Pinoeer midi controller

Hey wazza me ole mucker!

I used to be called foolish, imadje, djim.... remember me? Now i'm overit :)

And yes mate... this thread is redundant now... Serato DJ FTW.

although: being the cautious type I will be keeping my ITCH 2.1 as a backup for gigs until I have fully soak tested Serato DJ.

Hey wazza me ole mucker!

I used to be called foolish, imadje, djim.... remember me? Now i'm overit :)

And yes mate... this thread is redundant now... Serato DJ FTW.

although: being the cautious type I will be keeping my ITCH 2.1 as a backup for gigs until I have fully soak tested Serato DJ.

Hi ..my friend..how have you been.???....how the family ???...

It's sucks that the serato dj intro user will see this update before the itch user do...

^ yes mate. All good over here. Both my kids are at school now so I'm getting lots more time during the day to get shit done. Been recording again, organising events and setting up my DJSchool. chk this: http://DJSchoolUK.org.uk

We're ready for bookings but the main public pilot is planned for spring 2013, same as serato DJ for Itch users LOL

How are you lot?