Wanted: CDJ-400 x 2 and DJM Mixer (Brisbane area)

Jaytee

Well I heard many begineers --> amateurs use these.

I dont want to get the CDJ200 because it doesn't have a scratch option.

Plus I got a hardrive full of songs so it'll be easy hooking up my computer / 1TB hard drive into the CDJ and play from that rather than CD's.

I heard other brands are really bad quality as well.

What do you suggest?

Well scratching on CDJs is for homos anyways imo. Ppl here will probably agree with that, it just doesnt feel right, trust me you'll understand in due time.

And surely there is a cheaper alternative that will support usb? If not, dont go all out on the DJM400, cus I don care what anyone says, the 400s are a pretty full on mixer, especially for a beginner. Try a xone:22 (what I've got) or a DDM4000

Well scratching on CDJs is for homos anyways imo. Ppl here will probably agree with that, it just doesnt feel right, trust me you'll understand in due time.

And surely there is a cheaper alternative that will support usb? If not, dont go all out on the DJM400, cus I don care what anyone says, the 400s are a pretty full on mixer, especially for a beginner. Try a xone:22 (what I've got) or a DDM4000

How come the DJM400 is full on? It's only a 2 channel mixer with 3 frequency dials and some effects?

Well what's a good option for me to do scratching as well as mixing, I'll check out the xone:22 and DDM4000 (how much do they go for?).

As for the turntables, is there one where you can play songs of your computer? I was thinking about getting the CDJ400's then invest in turntables later and upgrade my mixer to a 4 channel one.

Sorry for being a 'noob' as you referred to me in the Off Topic Section post.

:cry:

• 3 weeks later...

Jaytee I say go for what you want, If you can afford it now then thats awesome. why purchase something for half the price and then realise that you are not happy with it, The first Cdj's I purchased were crappy second hand Citronic shit things that the pitch was not accurate and I had to constantly adjust the pitch in the mix due to not having a fine enough adjustment. In a way it sucked ass however it did teach me to mix with shitty equipment (no bpm counter and shitty pitch controll = much better dj on better equipment) if i could mix on those things I could mix on anything lolz... cept for vinal as i have not ventured there yet.. any takers to teach me? CBG??

If you purchase something crap for $500 and in 6 months you wanna upgrade to be happy I think you just wasted $500...

• 8 months later...
Well scratching on CDJs is for homos

so thats why i crave cock

I'm with Skank on this one....I think its gay that someone who can not scratch

can say whats cool to scratch with and whats not

@ Jaytee...Wait & get the CJD 350 for scratching