Should I get the DDM4000 or the DJM-400 mixer?

Jaytee

Hey, which one do you recommmend I get?

DJM-400 $690 (Very similiar to the Industry Standard 800 - v good quality, seems simple to use, only 2 channels)

DDM4000 $569 (5 channel mixer - got recommended this, looks very complicated with all the buttons etc.)

I was thinking about getting turntables after my CDJ's so that means I need 4 channels right? Or can I switch one channel for two different input sources? I tend to abuse things quite alot as well.

Please help.

its not all about channels fellas. I would say get the Pioneer definetily, if you have the money.

DDM4000, is ok, but obviously lacks in build quality, the effects are ok, but not as gd as the the pioneers.

Yeah you can flip between line in (CD) and phono (decks).

Means you cant do 3+ channel mixing, but thats pretty advanced.

its not all about channels fellas. I would say get the Pioneer definetily, if you have the money.

DDM4000, is ok, but obviously lacks in build quality, the effects are ok, but not as gd as the the pioneers.

Wow, that's perfect then. Just what I needed. I was thinking once I got better I would invest in the DJM-800, SSL and get a pair of Turntables to do real scratching which would require 2 more channels. But If you can switch between channels, that'll save me heaps.

What is build quality? Like the quality of the crossfader, dials etc and how much abuse it can take?

It's only about $130 difference. Mid next year I should be getting $750 per week woot. Should be able to get my gear in no time. Just wanted to start DJing early so I can have a early start off.

Wow, that's perfect then. Just what I needed. I was thinking once I got better I would invest in the DJM-800, SSL and get a pair of Turntables to do real scratching which would require 2 more channels. But If you can switch between channels, that'll save me heaps.

What is build quality? Like the quality of the crossfader, dials etc and how much abuse it can take?

It's only about $130 difference. Mid next year I should be getting $750 per week woot. Should be able to get my gear in no time. Just wanted to start DJing early so I can have a early start off.

well yeah then get the pioneer. Mayb buy s 2nd hand mixer or something in the meantime.

BY build quality I mean the circuitry underneath, quality of parts, filters, heatsink etc. Pioneer has a tighter frequency range also.

Behringer are renowned for taking shortcuts. However, I'm not saying the DDM400 is bad, go to storedj.com and check out their review of it.

Neither a designed for scratching, but I've never been convinced on the concept of a 'scratching mixer'.

HIJACK!!! i got a DJM 400 for sale!!!

well if u do plan to play in clubs down the road id go the djm-400. most clubs use pioneer DJMs anyway and u will be more familiar with it. plus for home use u prob only need 2 channels.

behringer is not known for its mixers while i havent used the ddm b4, im guessing pioneers would have much better sound quality.