Ableton Export into Logic/Reason

legunner

better yet, pay someone else to do it with fresh ears.

This is what I thought would be the logical way but if you just wanna master at home on some bootlegs etc. or if you're strapped for cash etc. I already have logic (my bro has it) so it's no problem for me to export all the tracks into .wav's and master in logic.

better yet, pay someone else to do it with fresh ears.

This is what I thought would be the logical way but if you just wanna master at home on some bootlegs etc. or if you're strapped for cash etc. I already have logic (my bro has it) so it's no problem for me to export all the tracks into .wav's and master in logic.

there is a limiter plugin native to ableton and it even has a "brick wall" preset already done by ableton.

If you didn't want to pay someone or whatever, wouldn't 3rd party plugins like ozone (for example) be easier to work with rather than exporting all the time?

you still need to know what your doing to master properly though...

Yeah I get that. But basically what I'm asking, is ableton good enough to use having plugins like that?

If you didn't want to pay someone or whatever, wouldn't 3rd party plugins like ozone (for example) be easier to work with rather than exporting all the time?

Yeah I get that. But basically what I'm asking, is ableton good enough to use having plugins like that?

yes.

yes.

Yeah it is for sure. My question was worded wrong i'm generally concerned in having more headroom to make the tracks louder without heading into the red. Most of the time i have no problem doing some home made mastering for friends but yeah.

I will say though, logic can sound better a lot of the time. I'm trying to find more than just hear say to support the theory but so far I've found nothing. In saying that though I produce in ableton and I send away for mastering so no idea on the final product but I'm pretty sure it would be pro tools.

I;ve never had any drama's with getting a good sound out of ableton either apart from when i first started serious production i noticed friends tracks on logic sound 10 times better.

I also use mainly 3rd party plugin's and not native ableton stuff which again changes everything.

found this too http://tarekith.com/sound-quality-live-versus-logic/