CD vs iPad Aux Quality

Jaz

ok so i have found out from trail and error that CD sounds way better then aux from the headphone slot on any device, they arent meant as a line out, only really for headphones...but i did some searching and was told that running a lead from the dock connector on the bottom to AUX should give perfect sound as thats the intended line out...

we will see

• 4 months later...

You really don't need to outlay a bucket load of money to have a strong sounding stereo system.

Make sure the headunit produces 24bit sound. What's more important than the quality of your sub is the enclosure it sits in. Make sure you read into sub enclosures lots because they can determine how loud and/or punchy your bass is.

Also giving it a good tune is important - I've had mates come to me saying they've blown speakers up and really all theyre doing is eqing them really poorly.

Back when I was younger I had a stereo system that was full of freebies and it sounded a lot cleaner than my friends "$3000 JL system" (No doubt the JL system had more potential - but bad tuning can make an expensive system go to shit)

Yeh I ended up running a dash mounted iPad from the dock connection into aux and usb to charge and produce audio. Works a treat. Tested from 320kbs on ipad compared to 320kbs cd and also a bought cd (presumably Wav) and sounds perfect. All the same.

System is 2 separate kicker 800 slimline 12's in box running off a 1300Wrms kicker mono, JL audio c2600 splits running off a bridged kicker 4ch. Big 1 guage dual amp kiy to run them. Got it pro tuned. Sounds off tits and my whole music library and genre playlists at my finger tips :)