Mapping on the Mixtrack Pro

Robbo123

For some reason at Jbhifi they only have the mixtrack pro version with the Eq kills at the top instead of the normal hot cue 1,2 and 3

this is extremely annoying as i want this controoller over the wego for the time being as next year ill buy cdj's and every dollar or 200 hundred dollar counts lol

so i was wondering as the software comes with traktor le and i guess i could download any free software that supprots mapping but i was wondering if it was possible if i could map it so that the stupid eq kills at the top turn into hot cues and the button to the left becomes a delete button for the hot cue..thankyou for your help...only thing holding me back buying this and need to know asap as have my first house party in a month LOL

thankyou for help :help::help::help:

Yes, you need full version of traktor to do custom mappings - however traktor full version works pretty well. It also has many more features than serato dj intro, however costs around 100 bucks from memory.

Although it is worth trying serato dj intro first, as it is free (and everyone likes free)

Grab it here - http://serato.com/dj-intro

but will i be able to change the eq kills at the top to hot cues in serato intro

The serato mapping is most likely different to the traktor one, download it and try it and see?

I can't remember what the exact mapping is

thats just it thought i dont want to risk buying it from jbhiffi if in the end it cant be mapped to serato intro and then im stuck with uselss eq kills when im sure ill be using hot cues. thanks...why would Australia get a completly different mixtrack pro with differnt buttons..seems so stupid

but the questions still needs to be asked.. can it be mapped to serato dj into to change the eq kills and trakc button to delete and hot cues.

the buttons are EXACTLY the same,, it's only the software that is affecting it.

Everyone in the world who buys a mixtrack pro with traktor le by default it has the hot cues as EQ kills by default. To switch them to hot cues you either need to upgrade to traktor pro or use alternate software.

Yes, serato software doesn't do anything unless you have the appropriate hardware connected

Just had a search, and serato dj intro uses them as hot cues by default so you're sweet