focusrite saffire pro 40 connection issues

Tomy

its seems i'm having a fair bit of trouble connecting my focusrite saffire pro 40 with my new windows 7 64 computer. The device will just not show us as even connected.

what I've tried so far is changing the firewire drive over to the (legacy) option which didn't do anything. I've read that maybe there are only certain brands firewire cards it works with (TI). Since i didn't build the PC i'm not sure what firewire card is in it. Is there a way to find this out on win 7? as it currently just comes up with a generic name on all windows 7.

edit: also the autorun won't work not sure how to fix that either. possible that the drivers aren't even installed? but there is no "drivers" on the focusrite website, only the mixcontrol software which is currently installed on my PC

if anyone can lend some help that would be ace

go to start menu, type in "compmgmt.msc" (without the quotes).

Go to device manager. See if you can find the card in there. If it till says generic:

Download this http://www.halfdone.org/ukd/ (have to use the major geeks download mirror, the others are broken)

See if that gives you a brand or something.

If that doesn't work, next step would be to google the hardware ID (under the properties of the card in device manager) and see if that gets you anywhere..

• 3 weeks later...

Part finally arrived today. I've installed the new firewire PCI card and everything is back to normal and running sweet. The new card cost me about $105 as i had to get it shipped in from the states. I bought it off amazon and found it a little difficult to find a shop that would post here. details on the card below.

If anyone else stumbles across this and is having the same issues just buy the card. Saved me so much headache. There is a list of compatible firewire cards etc on the saffire site so check there before you buy one.

3 Port Firewire Adapter Card

by SIIG

Firewire Ports - 3

Firewire Support - IEEE 1394

OS Support - Windows® 8 (32-/64-bit) / 7 (32-/64-bit) / Vista (32-/64-bit) / XP (32-/64-bit) / Server 2003 & 2008 (32-/64-bit) / 2000 / ME / 98SE

Compliant with IEEE 1394-1995, 1394a-2000 and OHCI 1.1 standards

Chipset - TI TSB43AB23