Controlling music with gestures

Movsic

Hi!

I'm a university student and I'm working with a couple of friends in a project to ceate a new tool for dj's. We are developing a system to track user's movements and use that information to control music parameters. This system uses a new generation of cameras that have a precision of milimiters, so accuracy is not a problem. This is to be used with the the digital audio workstations currently available in the market, in order for you to be able to use the tools you feel comfortable with.

With this, you will be able to control filters, launch samples, change any effect by just moving, for example, your hands and arms (just to name a few possibilities). The gestures which control the parameters of the music can be mapped by the artist, so every dj can choose what works best for him. In parternship with some professional djs, we will work on a wide variety of cool movements and provide them in the software package.

Our solution is not intended to replace what electronic music performers currently do, we just want to give you another tool to interact with the audience.

We would like to know what are your thoughts about this product, and, if you have the possibility, please answer the short form in the link!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1UauZvk ... 0/viewform

Best regards,

Nuno Santos

hey mate sounds interesting. i know a few people have already tried things like using the xbox motion sensor thingy as a software controller. and obviously rolan have had their sensor thing on some of their devices since forever.

But Ill have a shufti tomorrow and answer the questions.

to the adjf massive, here is someone respecting our opinions as users so i urge everyone to get on it. :likeasir:

In the name of the team, we thank you for all your feedback. It's very important for us to know your opinion and please let us know if you have any suggestion of cool features that we could include in our project. We want to make the developing based on what works best for you. In the meantime, we are working hard to finish our prototype, so we can show you what we are doing. Since you are giving us so much support, I promise that this forum will be the first place were we will show a demo, as soon as we have it :)

Eggsell, we started our development with kinect too, but we moved to a more precise camera, since we know that accuracy is fundamental for your work. We want this to be very precise, so you can maintain all the quality of your shows.

Please keep providing us with your opinions and thoughts.

Best regards,

Nuno