Need help with Rane TTM57SL mixer

krsjuan

I also posted this in the mixer section, but its also a question so I thought I'd post it up here aswell

First off I have a pretty urgent question I need answered by someone who has this mixer or knows anything about it.

At the moment, I've only got one serato control vinyl, so, I've just been playing tracks through the scratch live software on the 2nd deck. Up until now its been great, I assigned my "joysticks" on the mixer to do the basic functions, play/pause, next song, previous song but all of a sudden the Joysticks aren't working, they move on the scratchlive software but theyre not activating the functions I assigned to them.

I've tried, putting the scratchlive software in every single mode ie the "hardware" and "prepare" etc. I've tried changing the functions of the joysticks, but nothing works.

I just reloaded the software and have the most recent updates.

My feeling is, that this problem is probably easily solved and is a matter of pressing one button or activating a certain setting, but I've tried everything and I'm pretty much at breaking point.

As I said, the joystick animations on screen move around, so the software recognises that I'm moving them, also the other knobs and buttons on the mixer are working perfectly fine.

I'm 99% that this isnt a hardware problem because the joysticks are working fine, I just cant seem to get them back to a setting where they activated the functions which have been assigned to them.

Any help much appreciated,

Kyle

yeah i understand, all good.

ok I found that the joysticks double as "transform switches".

The way to change between this transform function and the functions you assigned to the joysticks, is by pressing down on the joysticks until the red LED under the joystick turns on. Do this for each joystick separately, so you can have one operating the transform function and the other operating the assigned functions.

This is probably simple to most, but still good to know if your TTM57SL joysticks appear to stop working.