Getting 5.1 to work

Cupe

So I have this amp that runs 5 speakers

2 Towers

2 Sats

1 Mid

The speakers just wire in pos/neg from the amp to speakers, so I think it's to do with the audio communication between Amp and TV.

I can't work out how to get more than 2 speakers to work at any time (they are all tested and work).

Back of amp:

xALBIx8.jpg

Back of TV:

vzSwziA.jpg

If I run red/white from any of the first three (Signal in) to the Video Monitor Out on the TV I can get the 2 FR and FL speakers to work

But no other speakers plugged in make any sound but the electrical buzz.

Da fuck?

throw amp out, has no optical input means it's a WHALE to hook up. You should be able to set it somewhere on the amp to play all the things from all the speakers, bt it won't be surround, just L/R (eg. rear left will play audio from the left channel)

edit moar info:

each RCA jack carries only one channel of audio, red being R, white being L. If the TV has more outputs, then you can hook up the rear R, or rear L, or Centre etc

It's almost 10 years old so it's pretty shit, but I swear I used to have all speakers playing once upon a time.

The photo of the TV outputs is all it has.

Surround sound is cheap as and better tech these days but I thought seeing as I had this cunt sitting around might as well use it.

I've just setup the 2 towers and it seems to be enough audio, just hate having the leftover speakers being pointless and doing nothing

you will be able to set it up so that they all play, it won't actually be surround sound though, just L/R. Take a pic of the front of the amp where all the butens are, there should be one that says something like 'input type' or someshit