Skytech Gear Discussion

Boxman

Anyone got experience with skytech speakers?

I've purchased 2x 15" 800w active speakers (SP1500A) and an 18" 1000w active sub(SMWA18PA) as a cheap start to a mobile DJ rig I'm setting up. They're no JBL's or anything but for the price so far I am really impressed. All up this setup has cost me under $1000 for all new parts. They make more than enough noise for any house party or small function. I'm yet to test them out over a long period of time though (4 or 5 hours continual use) so I'll see how they hold up then but so far I have to say I'm really impressed with what I've received for the money I've paid.

Has anyone else used this gear before? what kind of experience have you had?

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Anyone got experience with skytech speakers?

I've purchased 2x 15" 800w active speakers (SP1500A) and an 18" 1000w active sub(SMWA18PA) as a cheap start to a mobile DJ rig I'm setting up. They're no JBL's or anything but for the price so far I am really impressed. All up this setup has cost me under $1000 for all new parts. They make more than enough noise for any house party or small function. I'm yet to test them out over a long period of time though (4 or 5 hours continual use) so I'll see how they hold up then but so far I have to say I'm really impressed with what I've received for the money I've paid.

Has anyone else used this gear before? what kind of experience have you had?

Just wondering how you have gone with running these as i also am looking at purchasing the same set up

cheers

• 1 year later...

I have a Skytec 18" powered sub speaker and works great, only thing, I have to place it about 10m away from me as it gives me a throbbing headache.

If you want to go home early turn it up and the cops will be around soon enough to close the party down, guaranteed.