The Android Thread

BeatLeSS

Look on XDA Developers first to see if there's anything for your device to root it

Then install Xposed framework, plus whatever modules you need. Basically adds little tweaks here and there - XPrivacy, Wanam, network speed indicator, minminguard, No Lock Home, Snapshare - are all good.

Then, if your stock rom still looks like shit, install Apex or Nova launcher. Both are basically the same, both have free versions and there's not really any need to go for the paid versions. Then you can customise animations on your home screens, app drawer settings, and install better icon packs. I use Tiny White Icons, pretty good and easy to make your own if some of your apps don't have a matching icon.

After that it's just little things here and there you can change. I use UCCW for pretty looking clocks and shit on my home screen, loads of other options for weather, battery bars, notifications, all that cool shit.

HUL4FEY.jpg

(not my usual wallpaper)