We Take Drugs - knocked up noise

JonnyB

A new fidget track im working on. in its WELL early stages. just threw it up before bed time.

would like some feedback on the genreal feel of the track.

going to change the wobble sound. to a more bassline type of wobble,

does anyone have a vocal that says we take drugs, or know where i could search for one haha?

http://soundcloud.com/jonny-b-music/we- ... d-up-noise

tittsworth-wtf has that line "everybody on drugs"

and a couple weeks back i bought this awesome track OCELOT-Our Time (treasure fingers mix) which has a bit about "we're gonna get drunk, we're gonna get drugs, we're gonna get fucked", but its prob a bit too effectsted to sample (but track rocks!)

for movie samples check human traffic. f'n classic film, for thos that aint seen it, grab it. they most def must say something to that effect. havent watched it in a minute but ive watched it plenty of times (when they break into song is a legendary...)

in regards to the track. loved it, break down and climax into the wonk is awesome. love to see it come into fruition

ok ive been working on this track. im after a certain type of wobble, and i cant fukin make it and its doing my head in. so for now ive just sampled and tweaked the bass. its not my own sound. i wish i could make it.

anyway working on it now, found a little vocal. ill upload it tonight sometime.

hey man was bumping last night on the lappy while doing some stuff (havent touched decks in a bit :cry: ) sounds awesome. i likes.

wanted to write a full critique but didnt get around to it, and cant get the sound cloud up here so i can refer to time points, so ill try to do tonight. but yeah it was good.

nah man sorry not in the production biz. still trying to get my dj game up to scratch.

anywho, popped on my cans and gave it a listen.

as i said above i really liked it. nice amount of changes yet still cohesive to be a single tune; as per version one i like the breaks into the wonk; introductions of vocal samples like at 1.57 keep the track interesting and i love my short vocal drops!; the break into build at 2.27 to 3.00 before the big suspense build is my fave bit really builds you to that climax. EDT: oh yeah i also like at 1.27 where it sounds like a record stop.

one thing though in the intro, i thought maybe the melody/riff was out from the beat, but having gone over it and over it and compared it to the outro, i think there is a wayward percussion sound makin it sound off. its a higher end percussion (maybe a snare) at 0.16, 0.20, 0.24... actually only every second one is really noticeable but as i said im not in production but it seems to throw it off.