* 2 independent processors chainable / assignable

* Send and return control to external effects processors

* Massive Range of Effects

* 2 Loop Samplers

* 29 Assignable Midi Controls

* Dedicated Midi Panel

* Midi Clock

* Output Limiter

The EVO 4 is a 4 channel digital mixer addressed to professional DJ and club installations. It features the highest quality digital audio at 24bit 96kHz, 2 independent effects processors, 2 independent loop samplers and fully assignable MIDI control.

In despite of the music style, the EVO 4 is tailored to any professional DJ as it is packed with plenty of features, such as a precise and ergonomic full cut EQ, send and return loop to external effects units, fader and crossfader shape adjustment, output limiter and much more. Its superb sound quality, robust format and output limiter make it the perfect choice for a club installation.

• 8 months later...

Yep and its a fantastic mixer! I moved from a DJM-909 & was looking at the DJM800 and A&H Xone's but I personally don't think either of them come close to the Evo, one of the biggest differences was the full cut EQ....I had a play with an 800 and pioneer definitely went backwards with their EQ's, put me off the unit straight away.

One of the cool features of the dual effects units is that they can be assigned to any channel or fader including the master which gives you the ability to layer the effects over each other which can get some interesting results! :D

Worst part is that by the time i pulled together enough cash to buy one we just had a new bubz, so even though I had convinced myself it would get used, it has basically just sat on the shelf in the damn box.....hence the reason im selling it :(

Hi Spitfire,

That all depends on who you ask really, although if you have a look around the web the majority of the reviews rank the Ecler Evo 4 as a superior mixer to the Xone equivalent (being the 3D) but the biggest issue with the Evo is that it carries a reasonable price premium.

When i was buying I compared the Evo 4, Xone 3D and DJM-800 mixers all on the same setup and the Evo and the Xone were very close in regards to the sound quality (the DJM was scratched pretty quickly) but the Evo -4 just seemed to have a more natural/clear sound to it....

They are both great mixers in my opinion but if you sit them side by side the other things that jump out at you are:

• The build quality of the Evo was the best by far across all three units
    The Evo's layout is awesome, better then any other mixer I have used, everything just seems to be in the right place when you use it....it may be a personal thing but this really stood out for me.....
    Awesome Midi capabilities with 4 dedicated midi controls at the top of the mixer and the ability to bring Midi over any of the 4 channels

Let me know if your chasing one as mine is basically brand new and is still in the original box and im selling it for $1200 which is almost half what it cost me :( (and I will be in Perth next week :D )

I have included some video of it being used with Ableton on my ebay listing, check it out if you want to see it in action: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290498614780&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_6082wt_1150