Cd & vinyl

junior

Don't get me wrong, I'm a noob but is it normal to have like a cdj400 and say a technics 1200 and just a normal mixer for initial set up? Or is it best to just get a pair or either CDs or vinyls then add another deck later? I was thinking this set up so I'd have the best of both worlds.

hmmmm. hey buck don't think you need a dvs to have 4 decks, you could do that with a 4 channel mixer? but yes you can achieve 4 decks with less decks using a DVS (ha ha that sounds confusing!!)

junior, there is no normal these days. there are controller only dj's; controller plus one cd/tt dj's; 2tt & 1 cd dj's etc.

i must admit its rare to see one of each, its usually 2 of the same or 2+1 (be it either way).

however as a beginner, i have to say setting yerself two learning curves may be a bit steep, of course if you can handle it then why not. i started with two tt's and tried to add in a controller which is now gathering dust because i realised i still have to master just mixing... (but it will be revived one day!!!!)

note: ive never used cdj's so don't actually know how different the learning curves will be, cuz they have sync buttons and all that jazz